Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Groundblind ideas

I have two blinds that are in need of new material. I am going to use the current patterns to resew the outer material with new stuff. One is an older four sided Ameristep, and the other is one of the older Double Bull blinds that is kind of in a triangle and has a few small windows and one huge window that takes up a whole side.

If you were going to create the perfect shooting and viewing windows/slits how would you arrange them? I plan on using the blinds for bow hunting and firearm hunting.

My ideas so far: a lot of attachment points for brushing (I have converted back to only deer/big game hunting, and still brush blinds like they are for waterfowl hunting.), dedicated shooting windows only in the corners of the Ameristep with small viewing "ports" on the sides that could be opened larger to shoot through (same idea on DB, but shooting window on narrow side.), No mesh.

Thanks for further ideas. I will share pics later this winter, when I get around to doing this project.

Top Bottom