Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Group hunting.

J

jason

I think the DNR should put a limit on the size of groups during shoot gun season. I think it's too big of an advantage over the deer. I hunt in agroup of five, and last weekend we only got one deer. And I've herd and seen groups of 15, 16, and 17, almost limiting out. Thats crazy. Yeah it's nice to get out and hunt with your buds, and relatives, but it's unsafe, and times it's unethical. And it too big of anadvantage over the deer. Some times you have to ask our selve if its really hunting. Just my opion. Thanks, and good hunting.

who else here thinks that jasons remark is a really stupid one. i do. that silly goose!!!!

Jason,
I would agree with some of your thoughts too. I think the most important part of this kind of hunt is safety. If you can hunt safely in groups of all sizes, that works for me.
BT

The groups may be the ones that save hunting for the rest of us in our little worlds who have tunnel vision......Like Ted Nugent, maybe I don't agree with his style, but he is PRO HUNTING. Just a thought.

Do we need something like a nationwide anti-hunting campaign to bring us together? (hope that is easier to interpret)

Meaning we should not be quick to condemn one another for different hunting methods that are legal.

I apologize to anyone who may have misconstrued my original comment....

[This message has been edited by BW (edited 12-13-2001).]

Suggesting we might 'need' something like 9/11 to pull hunters together, are you out of your mind? I know what you meant to say when you originally wrote that and your idea is right on, it's just that I felt it was an extremely inappropriate example to illustrate your point. Try and imagine how someone that had lost a loved one that day would have felt if they had read that. I apologize for the 'symbolized' profanity and not being able to edit this sooner.

[This message has been edited by gonorse (edited 12-14-2001).]

Jason, I think I may share some of the underlying thoughts which you use to justify this, however I do not share in your proposed solution.
Besides, with the deer populations ever on the increase the DNR will probably get more liberal with laws and limits instead of stricter.
Also, as others what is "fair" is subject to the opinion of each person. Do you realize some anti-hunters think all hunting is unfair because the animals can't shoot back?
Lastly, how do you propose the DNR enforce it? If you set the limit at 10, and there is 11 in a group do you fine all 11 or just the ugliest one. Jason, the DNR is spread way to thin already, I bow & mzldr hunted on public lands way over 30 days this year and never saw a single conservation officer.

[This message has been edited by IaCraig (edited 12-13-2001).]

I am not against large parties of people hunting together if they desire but have always leaned toward the solitary type of hunting. I love the challenge of trying to pattern a large mature animal that has made it through several seasons and then spending hours hunting for that one particular animal. Large mature whitetails are some of the smartest animals in the world and gives a hunter that is able to bag one a very satisfying feeling.

Thanks for your opinions! Its hard to take a stand on this, since there are many pros and cons on this subject!
Good hunting!

We're getting off track here. The original comment was that groups of 15 - 17 hunters is an unfair advantage over the deer. I hunted with a group 16 guys this past weekend and we only tagged 8 deer. Some of the ground that we were trying to hunt was just too big. I do agree with the safety concern, but I am not to sure about the unfair advantage at least not in big timber.

Top Bottom