Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gut Shot Deer

SWIABOONER

PMA Member
My buddy shoot a nice deer Wed. evening, he said after the shot it ran about thirty yards then started hunching its back after doing this a few minutes he wald another ten yards and fell over, with its head flat on the ground. My buddy then came into town to get me and another guy to help him field dress it and load it. When we got there he was gone. There was a large puddle of blood where he had laid down. We trailed it for awhile then decided to wait until morning to track him out. When we got back out we follow the blood trail for about 75-100 yard then it just stopped. We walked the creek and all the ponds in the area. Does anyone have any other suggestions? From what he said it was a very big buck (160's) and I would hate for him to not be found. Any suggestions are very welcome.

Micah

My advise is go back to end of blood trail and continue in the direction he was walking. I have found that they will usually follow the trail they are on when injured. Just keep looking and looking and looking and ..........

Top Bottom