Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hanging deer in the garage/barn/shop....

[ QUOTE ]
Weld 3 pieces of rebar together, form a triangle and hang them by the hocks.

On that subject, is it legal to hang a properly tagged deer in DesMoines?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just use good taste and don't piss off the neighbors. The tree in the front yard may not be a good thing.
grin.gif

Shoot2Kill,

I have the 4 wheel setup shown in your link and it is fantastic. The 4 wheels make hoisting a deer by yourself a snap. I have it attached to an eye bolt screwed directly into my rafter and it holds just fine. I do have high rafters in my garage so I can hang them plenty high, but with an 8 foot ceiling, you might have an issue clearing the floor with a large buck.

NWBuck

I tried a similar pulley system like the Cabelas link. It just was not a heavy duty set-up. I bought a ratcheting pully from Menards and put a gambriel on it and anxiously am waiting to put one up there and do some field testing. I'll take a couple pics and post'em up.

[ QUOTE ]
Just use good taste and don't piss off the neighbors. The tree in the front yard may not be a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
My neighbor got pissed off when I left out a road kill skull on my patio to dry. Then again, that same neighbor called the cops on me because my dog kept peeing on her flowers through the chain link fence!

That's one of the good things about living in Small Town USA. I left the head of my bow kill buck hanging in the tree in my back yard for about 2 months and I actually got compliments from my neighbors about how nice of a deer it was.
grin.gif
One neighbor in particular loved it, because it scared the hell out of his wife every night when she would pull in their garage and her headlights would shine on it.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My neighbor got pissed off when I left out a road kill skull on my patio to dry. Then again, that same neighbor called the cops on me because my dog kept peeing on her flowers through the chain link fence!

[/ QUOTE ]
That sounds more like a nieghbor problem. I'd feed the dog something that burned real good. Spraying on a windy day could help as well
icon_rolleyes[1].gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Timber Pig has this set up and it works very well.

[/ QUOTE ]

here he told me he used it on criminals...

[/ QUOTE ]

angel.gif
Until you can prove it, it didnt happen...

A boat winch works great, no matter what your lifting.
threaddevil.gif

Top Bottom