Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

has anyone heard the old toms yet

was out sunday morning and heard 2 gobbles from the same tom, seen alot of hen's and young bird's

I was working with some cattle out in a pasture today and heard a gobbler fire up when a hen started yelping. Sounded like a young bird. The guys farm I was on is a nice piece of ground and he granted me permission to hunt. Can't ask for anymore than that .......S220

...went out this morning to a small river bottom woods...they were fired up!...sounded as if they are still bunched up...lotsa jakes, too...I am sure the fights are about to begin!...

Tons of gobbling in this area early Saturday when I was out. Saw several groups of 20+ birds, so the winter groups are pretty much still in place. Hopefully a few more days of this beautiful spring weather will split them up a bit.

NWBuck

Haven't heard any personally but two buddies heard lots of gobbling both Saturday and Sunday in two different locations (Chariton and Osceola). Later in the morning, the guy near Chariton saw a tom strutting for some hens and said it appeared the flocks are starting to disperse a little.

Can't wait to get out and hear it for myself. Now that to me is the sound of spring just like hearing the cardinals and robins start up.

Threebeards

Didn't hear any yet but saw one strutting yesterday on my way home from work. Don't know if we are earlier down here in Mo. or not but things should be getting pretty lively up there in the next couple of weeks.

Walked out the door to head to work this morning at about 6:30. It was about 40 degrees with a cool drizzle of rain. I was about half way to my truck and about three different Toms started sounding off. I stood there in the driveway and listened to them for awhile but had to head off to work. I hate that in early April when I have to listen to that every morning knowing I have to get in that truck and go to work. It does get ya pumped up for season though. Good Luck to everyone this Spring!
wavey.gif

Headgear:

We were down at Bennett Springs over the weekend and Monday morning about 6:00 I was walking the dog arround the campgrounds up on the ridge when an old boy sounded off. He sounded quite a ways off but he was really going for a little while. The weather was great.

Bowmaker, you picked a good weekend to be in MO. I was down in Texas at lake Fork trying to catch a hog bass. It was about 80 down there.

Heard a total of 15 gobbles yesterday while out jumping snows/blues. Most around Chariton and Osceola, didn't see any strutting yet, but they will prolly start soon. 3 gobbles came from the same bird, he sounded young though, but then heard 5 more from another bird that sounded older from another farm.

DeerSlayer

P.S. We did get 1 blue and should have had snow but a pair of guys that were in the ditch behind us cleaded up on him, so we only had the 1 blue, but im happy with that.

heard from a guy around hear that saw 8 tom's sunday in a bunch 6 were strutting and 2 were fighting . i was out sunday and never seen a bird in 3 hour's , but did hear a few gobbles

Was out this morning heard a few real earily. But heard 2 different ones still sounding off at 8:30.
shocked.gif

i heard them everywhere last weekend while crow hunting definitely got me pumped for the upcoming season. goodluck to all of you!!!

Top Bottom