Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Have you ever heard a doe grunt?

dblmainbeam

I have been bow hunting deer for about five years now and yesterday night i heard what i thought was a buck coming, maybe it was i don't know for sure but it didn't have any antlers and there was a very small fawn with him/her. She was within 10 yards of my stand for about ten minutes and she must have grunted 30 times. Ive never heard a doe grunt do you think it was buck? The deer was at least twice as big as the fawn and there wasn't any sign of antlers.

Does do grunt.If you would like to hear one, primetime bucks 6 video has a doe grunting while walking through the woods. I haven't heard one personally though.

Doublemainbeam Thought i would reply with this. Although I am farely new to bow hunting I have hunted deer now. for about 14 years. Last year wile bowhunting I saw a lot of deer. I could not believe how vocal these animals are. So I would think that if a buck can grunt so could a doe. Or maybe perhaps you were seing a button buck. I saw a couple of those last year grunting and acting real tough almost had to laugh out loud when watching these two little studs acting tough.

I've been fooled before a few times when a doe has grunted. It sounds identical to a young bucks grunt. I have to put antlers to a deer before I know it's a buck.
Good Luck

BT

I have heard does grunt many times, usually just one or two soft grunts when they are talking to their fawns. Never heard one grunt like you are talking about (30 times), although I heard one coming through the timber once that I swore was gonna be one of the farmers calves that got out. She was bawling loud and deep, my guess is she was coming into heat. just my two cents.

MANY TIMES I'VE HEARD DOES GRUNT, I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET THEM TO GRUNT FOR ME ON A LOMAN CALL WHILE I WAS GROUND BLINDING BEFORE. IT WAS REALLY FUN TO WATCH THEM

Top Bottom