Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heads

3 rage 2 blades
1 Spitfire XP100
2 Spitfire (the originals)
All 100 grains

It's good to see I'm not along in carrying a vast assortment.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
5 Rocket Hammerheads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Muddy how do those hammerheads hold up after hitting a deer? A buddy of mine shot 2 does with them last year and both heads were junk.

One just knicked the shoulder blade and busted one blade off and bent the ferrule itself.

Other one should've been a pass-thru but rib cage twisted that one all up and kept the arrow from exiting.

Not bashing just wasn't happy with how they held up. I'm guessing the rages won't hold up too great either. I think anything with that much cutting diameter is bound to get bent out of shape.

3 Slick Trick Magnums
2 Rage 2 Blades

if the deer die i don't care what the broadhead looks like afterwards. i replace all the blades each time i shoot a deer regardless of the brand of broadhead. that being said, usually one blade gets bent pretty bad and the other two look fine.

pretty much every time at least one blade gets mangled into a question mark, makes 'em a mother to replace. i havn't had any problems with pass throughs though. of 11 deer shot with hammerheads i got pass throughs on 9 of them.

Top Bottom