Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HELP PICK A DIGITAL CAMERA!!

J

JakeF

Like to say love this place,and love to chase whitetails but I have no clue about computers and such. But I'm in the market for a digital camera. I would like put some pictures up for everbody to see. I'm sure alot of you could help me get the best bang for my buck. Heres what I thik I want, A good clear picture, Be able to zoom in on that buck in the corner of the alfalfa field at dusk, affordability and any thing else you guys can think I will need. Theres a thousand out there what do you guys like and use. Thanks Jake

get one with higher resolution such as 4 megapixel plus if you want good pics from a distance. avoid the cameras with a lot of digital zoom or turn it off as it destroys resolution/distrorts the image. get a camera that has attachments to the lens to double the optical zoom 2X or so. I tend to lean toward the sony cameras because I am more familiar with them. Sony f707 or f717 ???model # may be what you are looking for for quality pics and zoom functions.

I would recommend checking out the Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom. The sony's that Shredder mentioned are nice, pricey, and heavy. This has a 4 meg resolution, 10 x optical zoom, 4 x digital (which Shredder is right - sucks). Best thing you can pick it up online for right about $350.

This is the one I have and it works great for me. Small light and fairly durable. If you get caught without a video camera it will also take decent mpeg video.

Sony Cyber-shot® Digital Camera DSC-P92  

Hey thanks guys I'll look into it.Then I'll probably need help posting photos. Jake

I like the olympus camera's. They can be a little more expensive, the 3mp is about 299, on the positive it's got an aluminum housing and everything has rubber gaskets so it's pretty waterproof. I can't say how waterproof, it's only been out in a light shower, but I can attest to the aluminum housing...I've dropped it on concrete a couple times and it hasn't hurt it at all.

I'm with Limb on this one. Sony Cyber-shot® Digital Camera DSC-P9.

I really like mine.
waytogo.gif

I also have been wanting to upgrade to a higher pix and zoom camera. I just went to ebay to check out the models mentioned above. The 10X optical zoom is a feature I realy like but I would much rather have the power source (rechargeable AA) of the Sony. I am going to shop for these two features in a camera.

Has anyone used the canon eos digital rebel camera? I currently have a sony digital with 3.2 mp and am looking to up grade. I know with the canon you can buy many different lens and I belive it is 6.3mp. Just curious as to how heavy they are and what the quality of the pics would be.

I recently purchased the Canon S410 Elph Digital to use while hunting. It has 4.10 mega pixels, and a 3x zoom. What I really like the most about this camera is the size. No larger that a pack of cigarettes or a deck of cards.

i myself have 2 cameras, one is a RCA Digital Video Camera, it takes digital pics and video. it's extremely great in the daytime but when light starts to fade forget it. that 400X zoom is great but only for daytime. the other one is the Canon EOS, this thing is amazing, it takes very high quality pics in low light or in the middle of the day. but i have to agree with limb also those Sony Cameras are great also. just my 2 cents
waytogo.gif

I would really rather stay compact but I've been looking at the Sony F717 and its around 550 bucks and a little bulky but I think it will be a good 10x camera that takes good pictures at low light which I'm having trouble finding one of the compact ones that will. The Olympus didn't look bad at all though. Thanks for all the ideas guys I'll let ya know when I get it. Jake

If you guys are looking at buying a good quality digi cam, I am going to be selling my Minolta Dimage 7i. It is a great camera (5MP) and takes fantastic photos. I am going to upgrade to a canon digital rebel, as I already have a ton of lenses for it from my previous 35mm.
I would sell the camera and a set of batteries, charger, 256 MB card, the whole works. The card that came with the camera is 16MB....you could have that too.
Like I said it is a great camera and I could send you some sample pics that I have taken with it.
Let me know what you guys think.

It's great for nature, candids, sports, and portraits. I even took some senior pictures with it with fantastic results!

Top Bottom