Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Here's how we counter the effects of leasing!

Status
  • Deleted by N/A

River1

Every Iowa sportsman has this sitting in their lap right now and it seems as if nobody realizes it! The chance to make Iowa's Natural Resources excellent and your opportunities to enjoy them better than ever. One of the biggest issues we face is having near the smallest amounts of public lands in the entire nation! With the changes we are seeing in our hunting opportunities there has not been a time where we've needed this legislation more.

Would you like......
More land in your county for hunting and fishing?
To see the DNR not have to use non residents as their cash cow?
To have more Conservation Officers in your area?

The answer to this is the SUSTAINABLE FUNDING BILL SSB 3217.

These are just a few of the possibilities if this bill gets passed.

Please get after this one. Contact everyone you know with this information and let them know how they can contact their legislators.

The following amendment to the Constitution of the State of Iowa is proposed:

Article VII of the Constitution of the State of Iowa is amended by adding the following new section:

NATURAL RESOURCES. SEC. 10. Of the revenue collected by
this State from the sales tax imposed upon the retail sales of
tangible personal property and the furnishing of enumerated
services and from the use tax imposed upon the retail sale of
tangible personal property and enumerated services sold for
use in this State and used in this State, an amount equal to
the amount generated by a tax rate of three=eighths of one
percent shall be used exclusively for purposes of acquiring,
managing, reserving, improving, restoring, or conserving this
State's lands and waters, including lands and fixtures
acquired, held, or used for purposes related to outdoor
recreation, natural habitat, and agriculture. In computing
the revenue collected, a reduction shall be made for any
refund of sales or use tax made. The general assembly may
provide by law for the implementation of this section.

If you are one of the many Iowa hunters that is reluctant to contact their legislator, listen. They WANT to hear from their districts. They will THANK you for being involved, provided you are civil and calm. Being an IBA member is fantastic, but it isn't enough anymore. Even if you don't agree with every thing here, at least the people in DM will know this is an important subject and will become bettewr educated.

I just contacted my legislators in regards to Sustainable Funding.

I didn't type but a couple of sentences expressing my views. It took much less time and was much more enjoyable than reading a certain 9 page thread. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just contacted my legislators in regards to Sustainable Funding.

I didn't type but a couple of sentences expressing my views. It took much less time and was much more enjoyable than reading a certain 9 page thread. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Like you have nothing better to do? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks to all that take the time to contact your legislators.

This would be great day for every one in this state.Doesn't matter if you hunt, fish, bike, camp, bird watch, want to breathe clean air and swim in a clean lake or river.This has something for everyone.

Status
  • Deleted by N/A
Top Bottom