Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hi all

H

horst

Im new in here and just thought id introduce my self and say hi.I live in NW Iowa and hunt deer mainly with a bow, and also go late season muzzleloader.Havent had much luck this year but hoping to change that in the late season.This is a great site, been coming in for a couple weeks now and just got around to registering.

horst,

Welcome to iowawhitetail.com, we hope you enjoy your stay. As you can see there are over 4,000 post on this Conference with lots of information. If you enjoy photo's we have plenty of them as well, check out the Photo Gallery, well take you back to '99.

Thanks for stopping, tell a friend!

hey horst, like you I am also a new member and have been visiting this site for about 1/2 a year and finally decided to join. not much to tell about me other than I chase both deer & turkeys with the bow and muzzleloader. I do most of my hunting over in Jackson & Cllinton counties where my dad runs his archery shop.

Just a quick question for anybody who cares to answer. When will this "junior member" thing go away? I feel like I'm a kid since I have that plastered under my handle.

MW

Muddy,
Your juniour member status will end after 15-20 posts. I don't know for sure but it is somewhere in that range. Ya gotta love iowawhitetail.

BT
...Happiness is a nocked arrow

muddy/All,

Sorry about the Junior Member "thing", it's a UBB "thing", we did change it to "New Member" instead, so anyone new from now on will be called "New Member" until they post 15 times.

Thanks for posting!

Tony,
I recently saw on another site where instead of using the term "new member" they used the term "spike". If you had 20 posts, you were a 6 point, 40 posts...8 point, I'm not sure how far this goes but I thought it was a good idea. I believe I saw this on www.tndeer.com if you want to check it out.

BT

Howdy, I'm from NW Iowa also, Gruver (near Estherville). I do my deer hunting in South Central Iowa though. Not much cover around here for deer.

I hunt the Peterson area in NW Iowa. Good to see so many hunters from the area posting here. Good luck on the smokepole hunt Horst.

Hey big country what is your real name, I am from Linn Grove and shotgun hunt with some good ol boys from Alta.

Hey all you NW Iowa guys, where do you like to get you archery supplies? I am new to the area and am looking for a good place. Although I do my hunting back "home" in NE Iowa I would like to do business in NW Iowa. How is Southern Archery in Spencer, or others?? I'm in the market for a new bow this winter so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe

Wow, didnt realize there were so many guys in here so close to home, I live in Ruthven about 12 miles east of Spencer.I buy some of my stuff at Southern Archery but I think the prices are kinda high.I shoot a martin and get most of my stuff from Earl Gustaffson, a martin dealer in Emmettsburg.The rest I get in Spencer at Dunhams or order through the mail.

I will never go to Southern Archery in Spencer ever again. Had a bad experience with them and their prices are sky high. You get bad service unless you are one of there buddies, I don't recommend them personnally.

Hey horst I'm a newbie myself.
I've picked up a lot o great tips here, except the one on how to get that huge S.O.B. that got away during 2nd shotgun season. 25 YARDS!!! THATS HOW FAR AWAY HE WAS!!!! I COULD HAVE GOT HIM WITH MY BOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway I hope you're enjoying this place as much as me. NOW IF I COULD JUST AIM!!!!!!!!!!

Let's have some fun...

You guys vote, what works for you?

I just found out I can change to whatever you want it to be.

I will total up the votes tomorrow around noon.

TLH

BT,

Start a "New Topic" and call it whatever you want, we'll let folks vote there.

TLH

[This message has been edited by TLH (edited 12-19-2001).]

Hi guys! I'm new as well. I registered after reading the site administer's request to do so...to help the site out in recruiting advertising to help it grow and keep going. Its a great hunting site.

Even though I'm from Wisconsin and have never hunted Iowa, I've been visiting the site regularly for most of the fall, reading all the posts, trying to pick up a trick or two to add to my hunting toolbox. However, I really like viewing all the dandy bucks in the harvest photos that are posted.

Someday, money, time, and wife permitting, I'd like to do some bowhunting in Iowa. Looks like a gorgeous state with some dandy bucks to boot!

horst,

Great to have another "poster" from NW Iowa. This is a great site and you'll soon be hooked on checking it daily. I hunt mostly O'brien and Clay counties, and like you bowhunting is my primary passion. I am looking forward to filling a couple of doe tags during the holidays. Good Hunting.

NWBuck

Top Bottom