Home Brew Cameras

191nt

I know this has come up before,but who is out there making these cameras?

I made one following the directions on Jesse's Hunting Page. Works great.

I made the case out of a doskicil pistol case, I would have preferred a water proof electrical box after it was finished. Used the radio shack PIR, bought two extras one day when on sale to make more.

I had Jesse wire the cam for me. $20

I've have operated two homebrews that I built using directions from Jesseshuntingpage. The only problem with this hobby is that film and film developing can become very expensive if you plan on building a 35 mm setup. I have spent around $225 on developing film and around $50 on film since I placed them out around Sept. 1. I am in the process of looking into building some digital homebrews. I know that it will cost more initially, but if I continue with this hobby/drug I will be saving money very soon.

If you're thinking about building one don't hesitate......Now is the time!! It's awesome this time of year to see which deer made it through the season and will be on your mind until next Oct. 1.

In just my first year of running these two cameras I was able to capture multiple pictures of the 4 bucks that my brother, father, friend and I took during either the bow or shotgun seasons. Two of those bucks had chipped/busted tines when harvested. It's neat to pull out the pictures and show them what their deer looked like before the battle.

Count me in also,
I used the schematics on Jesse's page and my camera turned out perfect. I used a waterproof composite pistol case with a radio shack 426 pir. For the power source I used a 9.6 volt makita cordless battery and wired on some leads to my charger. This is simple and is quite cost efficient since you can reuse and recharge the battery. I also used the owl pf camera which is fairly easy to solder.

BT

Count me in... Just don't make them for anyone anymore...

I found a website you can take a look at...

I don't know the guy or anything. He does seem to have what alot of people on this site are looking for. Some to build them partial built or 100% done...

http://www.fieldpix.com/

hey guys,

just another jessespage user. Not from Iowa though. I'm just an Arkansan that likes to look at the pictures and stories about all the big deer up there.

Back