Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hot...

I'm seeing a fair number of deer but most are coming out quite late and many of the big ones aren't showing up at all before dark. Snuck up on one of my food plots at 2 am and glassed deer feeding. Could see them fairly well just by moonlight. One was a nice buck.

Sounds like we are going to get a break from the heat this weekend!
Time to focus in the spotting scope and the bino's.

Another HOT one yesterday, 98 degrees and humid.

Around 8:45 PM I had 2 of 5 bucks come out of the corn cross the river and go up into the bean field. This is the third time I have spotted this group and am having a heck of a time getting the 2 bigger and 1 BIG buck to show themselves in the daylight, oh well fun watching anyway.

uploadedRiverBucks.jpg

The two smaller bucks leading...looking back and waiting for the more mature animals.

Tony

Nice picture of the deer seeming to be walking on water. It really supports the "divine" status that some people seem to put on Iowa white-tailed deer.

Or, if you want to be a stick-in-the-mud, I guess you could believe that their water-walking ability is due to our extreme heat, coupled with our lack of rain, making the stream only inches deep.

Doug

Saw two while driving yesterday at about 5:15 pm. Seemed really early especially with the heat. They were both P&Y caliber. I think they finally got too hot and were headed for water across an alfalfa field.

Doug,

Didn't you know they do walk on water in Iowa ;-) Heeeeee

Ogz,

I caught a very nice buck at 4:30 PM the other day walking down a fenceline. I think they get in those corn pockets where there is a breeze and bed.

Stay cool all,

TLH

Great photo Tony!

They do more than walk on water.

How many times have you heard a deer walking up behind you while hunting and you slowly inch your head around only to see a squirrel or opossum? They are shape shifters as well!

Keep your cool!, this can't last much longer.

Should be a great weekend at Pine Lake. Hope to see you there.......

Wow look at tomorrow's High/Low,I knew if I complained enough...

02_w.gif

High 78 - Low 52

Top Bottom