Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How many would like to get back to primative seasons

I believe the early muzzleloader is fine as it is. We have never had a problem getting tags for it. We have seen deer in the past two seasons that we have hunted it. I like to do it early because of a few reasons. Early muzzle can fall in that time where possibly pre rut could start, as it just missed it this year in my area. Two, some of the crops such as beans are still in and deer will feed in these areas. and third if i went late season with the amount of pressure that are on the deer in my area from shotgun hunters can sometimes be impossible to either gain permission to hunt the places the deer are now hiding at since nobody hunts that land that the deer have found their way to or the deer are way to spooky to hunt for the party hunting.

I have to say as long as I can enjoy my traditional equipment and the resources can handle everyone, then let it go. Society in general is not interested in the reality of taking time to develope completley self sufficiant skills or we would not be using computers. The IWC is full of posts that show efficiency has nothing to do with harvest. It is supposed to be recreation. If we get recreated, then we are doing well. Let's keep hunting available for everyone. The libs want to ruin that also. Be safe and have fun!

Top Bottom