Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Humane Society 'education' at work

Old Buck

Life Member
Just in case you think they've gone away I copied this directly from the web site of the Humane Society of the United States.

"Some hunters use brutally inhumane weapons such as the bow and arrow. Yet, in all cases, sport hunting inflicts needless and undeniable cruelty -- pain, suffering, trauma, wounding, and death -- on living, sentient creatures as a deliberate and willful act of an individual. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) believes that causing needless suffering and death is by definition inhumane, regardless of method."

I would have to say that bow and arrow is one of the most humane ways of taking an animal, because they are not running from anyone they have no idea what hit them .
These people need to get their facts straight, maybe try some bow hunting !!!

Another fine example of organizations taking a stance and making profound statements stating opinions that demonstrate ignorance.
While it is great that our country is such a comfortable place to live that extremist groups have to rely on inaccurate opinions to have things to protest against, it is also sad that they can't be convinced to focus these misdirected excess energies on efforts that assist PEOPLE in need.

IaCraig

The reason why groups like the HSUS are able to exist is because we've become an ignorant society. Too many people need a talking TV head to tell them what to do and what to think.

When the debate over dove hunting in Iowa was heating up a little over a year ago, I had one person tell me that hunting doves would be silly because a dove breast is only two ounces of meat. I asked that same person how many ounces made a quarter of a pound....they thought hard then said "Four?"

"Right!" I said, "And two ounces plus two ounces makes how many ounces?"
"Four."
Then I asked, "How much meat is in a QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE? Four ounces right?"
"Uh-huh."
"So two doves, a large order of fries and Coke will just about make a meal then won't it?"
The dork I was talking to couldn't believe it. "I guess I never looked at it that way...."

Too many people don't know how to think and rationalize for themselves. The media doesn't care about delivering the truth, the only care about looking good while they deliver it. (That's why TV stations all have more make-up artists than they do researchers.) Our ignorant society swallows everything word-for-word whether it comes from idiots like Brokaw or Rather, or liars like PETA and HSUS.

Yea!!!!let um have Nate.These people really think they are dogooders.And for the vegetarians,plant are living creatures too.Thats why they call it "plant life".So I say You can eat what you want and I'll eat what I want.I won't protest what your eat So leave me alone.

I bit my tounge this past Christmas day. I have a neice who thinks hunting is inhumane, and bosts about being a PETA supporter, but after she was bosting about her favorite organization, she enjoyed a fine cut of Prime Rib my mother-in-law served for diner. I wanted to unleash the rath of the hunting community, but it was not a good time for me, as my nephew's who are part of a cattle operation took my place. However, they could not have been as mad as I was, and did not raise the eybrows like I would have.

CH

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Buck:
Just in case you think they've gone away I copied this directly from the web site of the Humane Society of the United States.

"Some hunters use brutally inhumane weapons such as the bow and arrow. Yet, in all cases, sport hunting inflicts needless and undeniable cruelty -- pain, suffering, trauma, wounding, and death -- on living, sentient creatures as a deliberate and willful act of an individual. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) believes that causing needless suffering and death is by definition inhumane, regardless of method."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I get so sick and tired of people saying that archers only wound deer and it isn't humane and that they leave deer out dying and suffering. Yes every year there are deer that are hit with arrows and aren't recovered,and this year I heard of a lot of cases of that in my area, even by the most skilled shots. I myself have not been able to recover wounded deer in the past but I did spend a lot of time looking for arrowed game, and I do a lot of walking a tracking when that happens until I exaust all my possiblities.

Most archers I know spend a great deal of time praticing shooting before the season and becoming more skilled in the art of it. Also I know that most of the ones who do stick and deer spend countless hours looking and tracking until the deer is recovered.

I have been bashed for years by gun hunters saying that archers wound deer, but I pose a question to them and ask, how many times when they shoot at a deer and quote miss do they actually check and see if there is any blood around and I'm not just talking about at the spot where the deer was shot, sometimes kill shots dont' leave a lot of blood.

I have heard of a lot of deer this year being lost by gun hunters this year as well, and some saying that it is hard to track without the luxtury of snow on the ground and this is true it is, but this is just a little taste of what most archers go through during our hunts.

I don't mean to bash gun hunters in any way, most that I know spend a great deal of time and effort on their sport too. I know a lot of gun hunters who are some of the best sportman I have ever had the pleasure to meet and they are wonderful hunters. It is just time to stop the bashing and enjoy the sport we love and try our hardest to try to track animals that haven't been hit in prime kill zones.

The best defense concerned sportsmen and women can use to combat the emotion behind any anti-hunting debate is the facts.

The National Shooting Sports Federation (NSSF) has a booklet entitled "What They Say About Hunting." It gives the official position on hunting obtained from 20 conservation, preservation and humane groups.

It is an excellent source for information on certain organizations if someone wonders what that respective organization's stance on hunting is, and whether it deserves your financial backing.

You can access NSSF by their website: www.nssf.org There you can read about other literature they supply. This is the same group that brings us the National Hunting and Fishing Day each September.

Doug Clayton

Maybe someone should tell the folks what would happen to wildlife (not to mention habitat) without hunters.

Top Bottom