Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting dogs

wings2106

I have a weimereiner pup that is just over a year old and german short hair. The puppy is very hyper and energized. I was wondering what other dogs people have and if they have a weimereiner,pm me and tell what you think of it and tell me what of your type of dog you have and if its a good hunting dog because were going to get another one soon.

weimeriners are great dogs but, like any dog, you gotta put time into them. an old boss of mine had weimers and he loved them but it took a couple years for the dog to settle down. a good training collar could help you out as well. personally i like vizslas but don't think i'll be getting another one for a few years as my 14 year old female died a few months back. good luck.

Three german shorthaired pointers are what my family hunts. Great pheasant dogs and I cant help but laugh when our neighbors britney runs over a bird and our dogs cover the same spot and stick a point!!!
grin.gif
What can I say but stick with the shorthairs!

I totally agree with u, she does great even for her age,8, and she still knows when the kennle goes in the truck, she's going.

Top Bottom