Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting on a refuge?

splitg1

Here is the question of the day... Is it harder to hunt hill bucks that are rarely exposed to human contact, in a big area, with high number of other deer. Or, a refuge where there is a high number of deer, but there is a lot of hunting pressure. Now I'm talking P&Y bucks, not any deer that comes by.....

Common guys, I sure would like your input on this matter. I'ts a real sore spot between my friend and I.. Blind sow, if your out there I would definitly like your input on this, the refuge is in your district...

I would say a refuge, only because there aren't many Pope & Youngs hanging out on a public refuge.

Pardon my ignorance......??????? What is a hill buck? Why would a refuge have more hunting pressure? Usually they have less....?????

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rembrandt:
Pardon my ignorance......??????? What is a hill buck? Why would a refuge have more hunting pressure? Usually they have less....????? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
He is probably talking about the Loess Hills(around Council Bluffs) if it is in blind sows district.

You guys got it, Loess Hills area. It is a public refuge, for archery only. But is surrounded by public area. My friend says that the deer on a refuge are stupid because they are not in human contact 365 days a year. But with big bucks, it doesn't really matter. They didn't get big being stupid. My arguement was that with a pope & young buck, it doesn't matter if he lives in your yard, if he feels threatened HE'S GONE!

Top Bottom