Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting Seasons Drawing to an End

blake

Life Member
January Marks the Beginning of the End of Hunting Seasons

Iowa's hunting seasons are coming to an end. The pheasant season, fall turkey season and the bow and late muzzleloader deer season all close on Jan. 10.

"We tend to focus on the opening day and weekend, but the end of the season can be just as good, with less competition for ground to hunt," said Dale Garner, chief of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources Wildlife Bureau. "Hunting areas with cover or food sources can be really good because they are concentrated in these places."

Hunting seasons for quail, partridge, squirrel, raccoon, opossum, fox and ruffed grouse close on Jan. 31. The trapping season for coyote, mink, muskrat, weasel, striped skunk, badger, opossum, fox and raccoon end on Jan. 31. Rabbit hunting season ends on Feb. 28.

Not all hunting seasons are closing. The January antlerless deer season opens on Jan. 11 and runs through Jan. 30.

Hunters and anglers are reminded to purchase their 2011 licenses as the 2010 licenses expire on Jan. 10.

<!--------------------------------- /Main --------------------------------------><!-- Footer Information --------------------------->

Need to do away with that late doe season,. Bet just as many bucks or more are killed then than all other seasons put together.

Need to do away with that late doe season,. Bet just as many bucks or more are killed then than all other seasons put together.

Agreed I dont know how many times I've heard yeah thought it was a doe walked up to it and it was a buck.

I agree we need to get rid of this late season the farmer that ownes the land that i hunt killed a shed buck sat.This late season sucks that was the only deer they killed no does

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom