Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunting with out a blind

J

jason

I am going turkey hunting for the first time in the fall this year. I'll be taking my bow, but I wont be usuing a blind? Do any of you guys hunt with out a blind? I need some tips, because I have a feeling Im going to get busted by a few turkey's!!!!

Thanks and good hunting

I have found hunting fall turkeys with a bow to be a real challenge, and without a blind, down right difficult. It can be done, however it is really easy to get "busted" as you say. I have had more sucess hunting turkey with a bow and no blind in the spring. In the fall and spring season I now use the Porta Roof Magnum Hunter Blind. Small, lite weight, and not pricy, you can check them out at www.buckwing.com or go into ebay and get one pretty cheap. Still have to be very careful, but the blind does work well. Try setting up with a buddy some distance behind you or off to the side a ways with a decoy or two and useing the kee kee run call, with clucks, and a few yelps. The birds will key in on the location of the caller and the decoys thus being less likey to obsevere your movement when drawing your bow. I have found that the turkeys will not travel as far in the fall to check out a caller as they do in the spring, so one needs to set up fairly close to the birds before calling. Also don't forget about using a tree stand, I have harvested 3 turkey using a tree stand, however you need to have them patterned fairly well to make the stand set up work. Good hunting!

Top Bottom