Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I Missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Bowbendr

After two weekends of hunting hard with my longbow I finally got my chance yesterday. Had two toms come in close and my shot fell short! Man, when you get the birds in at short distance your ol' heart does a lot of thumping! I just hope to get another crack at one. This is my first year of hunting turkeys with a bow and I am having a blast.

Hey don't feel to bad. I Know how those misses go, even with a shot gun. It wasn't me but I called in the bird for the guy who missed. You win some and you lose some! But it's all worth it!
Jason

Let's see, how did my first outing with my bow go? First I shot my blind
bootyshake.gif
then I a bit later I got a second chance and missed
doah.gif
then a third opportunity and I got a hit at 30 yards. He flipped, flopped, and made his way up the hill. I left him alone for a few minutes and blood trailed him up to a cedar tree where he decided to come back to life and that's the last time I saw him
wtf.gif
. All in all you could say my day sucked.

I do think I get "Gobbler Fever" every bit as bad, if not worse, than "Buck Fever".

I know how it goes. Last Tuesday I was in the timber for an hour and had a bunch of hens all around me. I was sure they were going to spot me as I never got set up in a good spot because I was trying to sneak up on two Tom's out in the field. I would say lack of patience and it being the last day were the cause of me not waiting for him to come in closer. Oh yeah add gobbler fever too.Needless to say I left the timber at 5:00 scratching my head and cussing at myself. I guess there's still 4'th season.
Good Luck to everyone!!!

Top Bottom