Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ice Reports

For the guys that hardwater fish, give some reports if ya have been out checking around the state.. This way we dont get wet early.

Clear Lake has great ice at the moment, from 4"-7" and the main surrounding areas.Many yellows and whites being caught.

Central is only a matter of days for the bigger ponds to b ready, smaller shallow ones are green light.

Remember to take a spud bar with ya and rope to b safe.

well, the ice i have seen is slippery and hard.....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I got to grag some fur out of the woods tonight and went by a sand pit that was open... yikes.. they are the last to harden up tho...20-60ft pits..

Checking all over this wknd tho.

The report I heard was that Badger Lake at Kennedy Park in Ft. Dodge is iced over and has been for a week. The bays at Brushy on the north end are iced over, but not enough to fish on yet.

The temps over the next 3-4 days look great for makin' ice. Have to work this weekend, but I have monday off and I'm going to drill some holes then!

If anyone else has heard differing reports from either of these two lakes, or can provide a better update, it'd be much appreciated!

Up here we're in the midst of several days not making it above freezing. Should make an inch or more per day, so we'll be trying a local pond by Sunday.

poked a hole at hickory hills (casey lake) south of waterloo tonight had 5-6 inches of pretty good ice, took a late afternoon drive sunday to union grove never drilled any holes but nobody was on the main lake the was one tent on the back pond should be getting good real soon around here

FRIEND OF MINE WENT SATURDAY IN IOWA COUNTY ON A 4ACRE POND,SAID THERE WAS 41/2 INCHES OF ICE ON IT. LOTS OF BLUEGILL HAND SIZE, AND COUPLE REDEAR,HITTIN IT THIS WEEKEND.

Fished a 34 acre lake today. The main part was still open in the middle, the north end has about 8" of ice. Only Vexed 3 fish on that end, didn't see any on camera. That'll change after this coming week of low temps. Then I can get out where the fish are.

Here's one of those 3 fish I Vexed.
100_4583_1.jpg

A farm pond i went to yesterday in SE iowa had 6 inches of ice. All i caught was little gills and crappies. It was so windy my poles were blowing across the ice.

Top Bottom