Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I'm seriously considering hanging up the gun

bukket

I just got my bow last summer and love hunting with it. The lure of having two tags to fill at my leisure between all 4 seasons is almost going to be too much to resist. I love hunting those gobblers with my shotgun, too!

What a dillemma!

I went to bow only a few years back and will probably never use a gun again - for spring turkey that is. Fall is a bit different. I like that you can hunt all 4 seasons. Because of my work schedule that is very nice. Also it is much more challenging. Once you get one with the bow you probably won't use a gun again. I was fortunate enough to get a turkey this fall with my bow out of my deer stand - that was a first.

I hung up the gun last year and doubt that I will ever pick it back up again. You will have a lot more time to hunt too with all four seasons.

havn't hunted spring birds with a gun for a LONG time. fall sometimes i carry the gun, sometimes the bow.

Got a fall bird several years ago out of my treestand with my bow and a doe 2 hours later out of the same stand, it was one of my most memorable hunts ever.
Hope to try for an Iowa bird this spring with my bow.
893archer-thumb[1].gif

My last 12 birds have been with a bow. It has gotten rather addicting. Now I'm even tempted to hang up the bow and just shoot video and stills. You get to shoot the same birds over and over but it makes it difficult to eat them!
grin.gif

No matter how you do it the main thing is to be out there and enjoy it. It is also great fun to be with a son, daughter or wife when they get their birds.

You guys are making this look better and better.

I talked to some of the family about this over the beer cooler at Christmas yesterday. We have a solid group that goes out every spring during 2nd season. I told them I'd have the birds trained by the 2nd day of 1st season this spring. Suddenly they all thought that they'd start practicing with the bows maybe try it that way too.

I guess we'll just have to see what transpires. Probably won't make a choice until I'm at the ELSI machine!

I love shooting bow and all, but it's nice to carry a gun sometime too! I plan to hunt turkys with abow some day, but i love the roar of the Tree Chopper (my shot gun) so i can't put it down.

Good hunting Jason

Top Bottom