Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Interesting

ironwood

I would really like some ideas as to why the following may have occurred. The picture bellow was taken at about 4:30PM 8-18-04. By 4-20-04 7:30AM The Camera had taken 35 shots and its last picture until I removed the card on 4-28-04 at about 5:00PM. At first I assumed the deer changed their activity abruptly for some reason. I included the picture to show that scent control efforts where taken including rubber boots and scent away spray. The camera seemed to be working ok, the rechargeable batteries are changed every time the camera is checked. Do the deer change food sources that fast? We considered that as a possibility. ?????
547P8180001resized-med.jpg

Sorry Ironwood I do not have an answer to your question....I do have a comment.....You look alot like a serial killer in that pic.....kind of creepy.

The same thing happens to me quite often. After about two weeks the deer wont walk in front of your camera anymore. If you look around you will probably find a trail just out of range of the camera that is being used quite often, or they will feed just out of range in the fields. In my experience it doesnt take long for the deer to condition themselves where to walk.

i gotta agree with rudd on this one. almost as unsettling as limb's gnome. next time you get up close and personal with the camera mike, make a facial check. i think there was a bat in the cave
grin.gif
grin.gif

I think Rudd’s right- The interested yet detached look in the eyes, the cold hard set of the mouth and especially the rubber gloves…yikes!!
eek.gif

Mr. Wood, please don’t tell me we’ll be seeing you in a guide to serial killers of North America.
shocked.gif

I was going to post a picture of Mrs Wood with her rubber boots and bottle of scent away but then went with this one.
doah.gif
What was I thinking!

"Iron Wood seemed like such a normal person..."

"He usually kept to himself...he never bothered anyone..."

"He was such a nice quiet boy...I just can't believe it..."

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I reckon what you'd wantin' to know is what I'ma doin' in here. I reckon the reason I'm in here cause I killed somebody. Mm-hmm.

Well, I just seen red. I picked up a kaiser blade just sittin' there by the screen door. Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a kaiser blade...Mm hmmmm.

Got any uh dem fried taters
bigshock.gif

All gloved up like that and bent over looking with that cold non-caring stare in your eye.

Kind of reminds me of my Doctor just before he does my annual prostrate exam.
crazy.gif

I'll stay away from the comments about the picture...but it is funny
smile.gif

If the beans in the background have begun to yellow at all (just starting around here in the last week or so) you can say goodbye to the deer feeding in that field for awhile. If you watch carefully you'll see that as beans yellow deer almost immediately move to a greener food source...perhaps a nearby clover field or such. Good Luck!

NWBuck

30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
I am glad to have been part of the entertainment.

NWBuck, We talked about the deer moving to a different food sorce, it was like a switch. First day and a half 35 pictures then zero for eight days. Here's what the beans looked like in the last picture. I still have the camera hanging on this edge. I may have moved it if I would have realized how thing had shut down.

547P8190034resided2-med.jpg

Wow Iron, you seem like such a normal guy... and I offered you a place to stay when you were in town and everything...

30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

Run !!.........Its Ironwood from "Outdoors Romper Room!!!" I see Billy, Tommy, Susie, and little Mikey over in the corner.

SplitG3, it’s unfortunate but if you’re going to hang around me you're going to have a view. Blame God if ya don't like it.
grin.gif

Top Bottom