Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa Conceal and Carry

yep took in my DD214 and picked up mine on the 28th of January

From my understanding Jake you can carry conceald or not the new permit is a permit to carry where as the old permit was a conceal permit. I am still doing research and asking questions but to me this means I can lay a shotgun on my lap and drive around with it or have my TCP on my hip where everyone can see it. However Iif it is ok to carry a shotgun open will that interfere with the DNR during hunting season? Also if there is a sign posted no guns allowed you can't carry (state buildings/parks) are all non carry places. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Last edited:
Jake not sure of your question, but this law now allows people to get a permit with no restrictions from the Sheriff. The sheriff used to be able to restrict your permit to "handguns only" or not allow you a carry concealed permit. Now if you pass the test/class you are allowed a permit to carry concealed weapons. I hope this is what you are looking for.

My question wasn't very clear at all, should have proofed before I posted :drink1:. If I am out hunting, it will then be okay to have a loaded and uncased gun in the vehicle? This is what I have been hearing, but I can hardly believe it to be true. Thanks

i took the class years ago. i had let my permit expire for a few years, and just a few weeks ago went in and filled out the form and got my new permit

My question wasn't very clear at all, should have proofed before I posted :drink1:. If I am out hunting, it will then be okay to have a loaded and uncased gun in the vehicle? This is what I have been hearing, but I can hardly believe it to be true. Thanks
you are correct

Top Bottom