Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowas world records alive

Damn, that sure looks pretty close to the one doesn't it? It gets my heart to racing just looking at the pictures. Only 7 1/2 months left to wait before I can chase bucks around again!!

It does look a lot like the Iowa WWR. If it is, he has knocked off some inches including the big drop tine. If it's him or not he's still a whopper!

I takes one tough buck to take a slug and the grill of a chevy and still be able to smile for the camera.
grin.gif
It's pretty amazing that a buck so big and well known can go undetected for so long. I thought we'd seen the last of him.

Doesn't look likes there's any doubt that it's him to me. Way too many of the same features. I'm not even from Iowa and I'm grinning from ear to ear!
grin.gif
Glad a car didn't get him!

Just after my last post, I ran up to get last years Feb. NAW, and the rack on Iowa Deer looks exactly the same, minus some of the splindly non-typical points. You can still see the base of the drop tine. There's also a spot below the fork in his right brow where it looks like another point was busted off. The pics aren't close enough for me tell if it's a new rack or just last years rack all beat up. Should we at least consider that these are pics from last year and somebody's trying to pull a fast one?

Interesting pictures. Just goes to show you that they can remain undetected, as many people that were in the woods and never saw him or let on that they saw him. Also, that is a mighty big pile of corn. Hope that someone finds his sheds.

If it is really him (and it looks to me like it is) I hope he lives a long life now since no one got him at his prime. I think just his sheds are evidence enough that he existed. Just my thoughts and admiration..................
grin.gif

Im just relaying what was said on another site Madison B&C, i dont know one way or another.They even said there was no way to verify the date these pics were taken.I do however find the pics to be better proof than the 14 different rumors floating around about the bucks death, at least these i can see.If the DNR have the rack I wish theyd just say so and put an end to it.On the other hand if someone sat on these pics for over a year their better men then I am, if I took em theyd of been posted 2 hours after i pulled the camera
wink.gif
Either way, i guesse we arent gonna know till they can verify when these were taken or the DNR comes out with a headmount
frown.gif

From the time displayed on the pictures, it only took him about an hour and a half to eat all that corn.

I would say without a doubt that is the Albia buck. I would also venture to say that is the same rack he was wearing in Primetime 6. I know that those sheds were found and a lot of points were missing including the big drop. The person who found them brought the sheds and a pile of photos to a local archery shop. This person also had pictures of the buck this year, and from what I understand one antler partially fell off in the velvet. Also as I posted earlier, the buck never was hit by a car. It would be great if the sheds showed up at the deer classic. All in all, I wish the buck had never been discovered. For the deer's sake and the local hunters'.

I'm with you johndeere.If all this is true, it'd be better off on someones land that would have 10' high fences, and no permission from anyone to hunt it.I feel especially sorry for the people in the Albia area, for what they are going to have to put up with next year.It will astound you have many trespassings will probably be reported in this area next year.
What a bummer, even to the guy that would be sitting in his stand wanting to shoot a nice 150-160 inch deer to have people walk through and mess things up for you.

There's always been something a miss about this whole situation.

I know if I had a sighting of a walking world record on land I hunt, pictures from camtrackers showing feeding patterns, and shed's from the previous year, I wouldn't advertise this to the world like this is happening.

I'm going out on a limb here,but it almost seems like some outfitters want to drum up some business.If you knew you had the position to harvest the next world record deer,worth thousands-possibly a million dollars if it was never beaten,would you pronounce it to the world so someone else could take it??Really fishy!!!
I never understood the article in the magazine.They had the sheds, the pictures,the nightly spottings, the routine.Why didn't they take the deer???
The potential for what this could do for my family and childrens futures,wow.

Don't get me wrong, I don't go out and kill deer just to sell them, never have.But if this opportunity came along,you guys would only know after the tag had been properly placed.Then I would show the pictures, and tell the story.

Seems to me someone is putting the cart in front of the horse again.

Top Bottom