Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowawhitetail tree, crop, and forage library

Central Iowa

Life Member
We are putting together a photo library of different trees, crops, and forages for us to reference for future identification use. What we need are pictures of examples that you are 100% positive of what the species and variety is. It is important we get quality photos preferably with a neutral background and a tape measure or ruler for size reference. Please post a photo of the overall plant in a stand, as an individual, and one of the leaf or fruit. As the photos come in we will develop a system to easily access them. Please post the examples under this thread. This will be a work in progress so please submit examples as you have time and seasonal species mature. Thanks, CI

Great idea!
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It is important we get quality photos preferably with a neutral background and a tape measure or ruler for size reference. Please post a photo of the overall plant in a stand, as an individual, and one of the leaf or fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working at it but I need to take a pair of garden shears with me to clip off branches and seed heads (pocket knife needs to be sharpened
blush.gif
)

Should be pretty cool info someday!
cool.gif

Here's a few pics to start, however I need to p/u some white poster board maybe to lay seed heads on. Used the tile floor for now, so if we can come up with better pics...just delete these.

Highbush Cranberry:

HighbushCranberrybush.jpg

HighbushCranberryberries.jpg

HigbushCranberry1.jpg

Indian Grass:

IndiangrassinSept.jpg

Indiangrassseedhead.jpg

Big Bluestem

BigBluestemClump.jpg

Bigbluestemseedhead.jpg

Switchgrass

MidAugustswitchgrass.jpg