Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

James Valley Scents

G

Has any members had experience with any of James Valley deer lures? I hear a lot of good things on some of the forums and wondered if anybody has used?Thanks for any info.

woods

I had some success with "Full Draw" last fall. It is a doe estrous urine/gel. The one thing it didn't do is spook does...something I've had a problem with using a couple other scents. I haven't tried any other JV scents, but I've heard nothing but positive results.

http://www.jamesvalleycompany.com/

TB

I like wall hanger,never had a big buck come by when I have had it out but the small bucks like it,and dont scare the does.Just took two bottles out of the frezzer from last year.I hope there still good.

I have pretty much given up on commerical scents as the results are so unreliable.I stick with tarsal and buck scented things in the woods that I can trust.I do think I will give James Valley a try just to see if it is different from what I have used in the past.I see where his scents all employ glands and musks as well as urine.The camera and experience will tell if it works I suppose.I do have some places I'd like to try it.

woods

I had my first experience with JV last fall ,when I had the pleasure of sharing a hunting camp in Illinois with TV host Joe Bucher.

The entire camp used the stuff, I never saw that many hunters so high on one type of scent , I mean most have different preferences , But in that camp every guy had good things to say about JV. Thes were all seasoned hunter with several large deer under their belts.

In, fact the supply they had was getting a little low and they some had to share!!!!!!

Check out his show, They have some kills from our trip there last fall, airing these next few weeks. Watch for the decoy sequence , JV was a key part in that hunt.

Good luck,

Gritty

I've tried JVS the past two seasons, using it sparingly. I never had a negative reaction to them. I used wall hanger and full draw. The only positive reaction was I had a doe go up and stick her nose in my drag rag that I had hung on a tree.

I still have some in the fridge and will mess around with it this year. However, IMO, I've had better luck using no scent at all.

Top Bottom