Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kinetic Energy

muddy

Ok, enough kinetic energy talk in my broadhead topic. Limb, here's my stats:

GoldTipXT at 27.5 inches long and 8.2 grains per inch is 225.5 total grains. I chrono'd the bow tonite with 75 grain tips @ 298 f.p.s. and the 100 grain tips @ 291 f.p.s. What's the KE?? Again 29 inch draw at 71 pounds.

Nevermind Limb...I went to goldtip.com and used their handy dandy KE calculator. =) Came up with 59 ft pounds with the 75 grain tips and 62 witht the 100 grain tips. The FOC thing has got me confused because they were asking specifics on the knock I was using.

So, you used the 'ol Kineticometer, eh ?
I wonder if the stats would be different at different angles...?

Good question CamoMan. I'm not sure how to answer you, perhaps our resident expert could enlighten all of us. Headgear, what's your take on the situation??
grin.gif

Actually muddy with a 27.5 inch 5575 Gold Tip XT arrow, 75 grn broadhead, Gold Tip tapered insert, 3, 3 7/8 inch vanes, Ultra light G-Nock adapter and a G-Nock you would have a 364 grain arrow that produces 71 ft pounds of KE if shot at 298 fps. All else being equal with a 100 grn head you would have a 389 grn arrow traveling at 291 fps produces 73 ft pounds of KE. If you are shooting feathers or X-cutter inserts and adapters the figures would be different but it would be close.

I would get into the F.O.C. but that is for another time. The 100 grn head gives you a better F.O.C..
waytogo.gif

Muddy I'm glad you asked! I did see those things at Ace Hardware in the ometer stuff but after using the clinometer I have developed a twitch that I hope goes away before season gets here.
wtf.gif
The twitch was getting better until I read Limbs post. I have to say Limb, in Muddys case he should probably go with the ultra light G-String instead of the G-Nock.
waytogo.gif

I have now started to post something four times and nothing I can state in words describes the fear and shear horror that accompanied the reading of your post Headgear. Thanks for the twa-twa-twitch!
wtf.gif
bigshock.gif
wtf.gif

No problem limb!

Hey I have an idea, we could get muddy to be the spokes person for IW.com. He could dress in said garment and he and Rosie O'Donut could pose together.
yay.gif
yay.gif
yay.gif

I must've made an impression on you at the Classic Headgear, iffin you're wanting to see me in that sort of outfit you can wish in one hand and crap in the other, and see which gets filled first. Not exactly the impression that I wanted to make. You Missorians are just plain weird...too much dating of sisters and cousins I guess.
jester.gif

Hey!! Don't talk about my sister like that!!

Who said anything about WANTING to see you in that anyway! Yuk! I just thought that was more your stile. I think they make them with charcoal lining for scent free applications if needed. Just trying to help ya out!
grin.gif

that is for sure and for certain moosehunter. i don't even know what i did to deserve it either. of course sometimes "deserving it" doesn't even matter when you're talkin about Headgear, I think he's just looking to lash out because of the whole clinometer episode.

Well if you want to get back on the subject of kinetic energy Moosehunter... say Muddy is wearing his gstring and the evening before had consumed a can of Bushs' Baked Beans
bigshock.gif
.... you get where this is going.
Limb Chicken you are the KE expert per say... what would be the KE of the string upon return to the rearend?
confused.gif

But on the other hand... not so sure I wanna know
grin.gif

Limb - To get back on my origional question at hand...are those kinetic energies average, good, or bad?? How does yardage affect KE?? Will it drop and be less affective at the longer distances I mean.

Top Bottom