Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Rut????

J

J Becker

Does anybody else agree with me that it is a late rut this year??? I have seen more rutting activity in the past couple of days than any other time this bow season. If you look at the post below this, there is a picture of a buck I grunted into me Nov. 22. He just came right in after chasing some does around!

HunterMan
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

Rut was at the same time it usually is for me...we are just seeing the tail end of it now, ready to go into the post-rut period. The lock-down phase in my area was last week when the highest number of the does were coming into estrus.

Warmer temperatures and out of wack buck to doe ratio's can sometimes make things look like there wasn't a rut at all.

I will agree with Shredder that we are just pulling out of "Lock Down" and the majority of the does that cycled this month have been breed.

Sometime this weekend scrapes should re-open and competition for the remaining does coming into estrus should take place.

Same as Ghost and Shredder here. Seeing bucks groom each other and sparr lightly. Alot of posturing and bucks checking does with no chase involved.

A good pre rut plus a late rut, I guess you guys will listen to Charles Alsheimer. Or does it happen the same time every year? We can always blame it on the weather ( to warm slows down the rut)!
wstupid.gif

Top Bottom