Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late Season Muzzleloader

blake

Life Member
FYI: Your vote in this poll is not scientific and reflects the opinions of only those iowawhitetail.com members who have chosen to participate. The results of this poll cannot be assumed to represent the opinions of all iowawhitetail.com users in general, nor the public as a whole.

For many Iowa’s Late Muzzleloader Season is a favorite time try and harvest a mature buck. The rut is al but over and the bucks are foraging to for food to replace the body weight they have lost. They need a good food source to make it through the winter. This time of the year the deer mainly eat, sleep, and socialize.

Find the food sources, hope for deep snow and cold temperatures and be willing to spend the time in the field. These are the keys to harvesting a mature deer during this time of the year.

This is also the time of year to put some more antlerless deer in the freezer. If you have more deer meat than you can consume then please donate the meat to the HUSH Program or find a needy family in your community.

I'll be bowhunting during this period but will not have a late muzzleloading tag (I have a county antlerless archery tag yet).

Depends where I'm hunting. One farm, I'll try and use my bow, a different couple farms and the smokepole.

Top Bottom