Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf Climbing Sticks

E

emmasdad

For those of you using LW sticks:
What's your technique when you get to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th section? Are you climbing down each time to get another section or do you take them up with you? I'm using some this year and have tried throwing one over each shoulder on the way up so I don't have to climb back down but they end up clanging together. Any tricks you care to share?

Yeah,

Buy some .... aww you know where I'm goin anyhow.
grin.gif

You can borrow my Non Typicals anytime.

I would, but I fear what my wife may do to me. Too risky.

TomBuck,
I took some time and teathered them so once I get one up I pull the other one up and so on until I finally get to my bow and pack...I tied individual knots in the pull rope so when I get to my spot I just go to the knot and tie #1, #2, ect... I also have a easier time manipulating my seat o pants harness as I move up the tree. Long rope but it is the best way I have found to accomplish the task. I have tried slinging them over my shoulder but seems to be more of a hassle trying to keep them on your shoulder, keep them from banging, ect... It takes some time but once I got the hang of it I really like the way it works. I lay everything on the ground from inside to outside just like it would come up the tree. Good Luck!
waytogo.gif

Another thing I do that saves time and a little frustration (on my part) during take down is take all the straps off the stand and sticks and shove them in my backpack and deal with it when I get to the truck or home. I don't like standing there trying to wrap the stick straps up nice and neat when I am trying to get out of my spot quick and quiet.

Limb,

Having a bit of a problem imaging what you are trying to say. Think it might be something that you need to see to completely understand. I am sure it is a great idea but I need to reread and think about it and I might come up with something close to what you are actually talking about.
confused.gif

Also you just carry the sticks in hand on the way out? Or do you secure them with that snazy back pack you got?

Limb
How do you strap the sticks together so they stay tight?

Do you mean when I leave...I have three bungee cords one four foot I wrap around twice and attach to the stand and two, two foot that I cross and hook on the stand. I can take a picture if you like and if I can remember.
grin.gif

Hey Limb, how did you pop the end caps off of your sticks to spray Great Stuff down them without boogering them up? Mine are harder than heck to get off. Just curious. Thanks.

I used a puddy knife and hammer. I put them in a vise and carefully hammered them out...They are a little brittle. I busted one up but managed to use gorilla glue to put it back on and it seems to be working.

Top Bottom