Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lone Wolf setup techniques......

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
I am wondering how many of you who currently use the Lone Wolf stand with the climbing sticks setup and remove your stand each time you hunt a particular location?

The climbing sticks go on easily and quietly, and the stand is easy to attach and lightweight...... however, I don't setup until early first light...... just curious what others may be doing..... I like to move my stand a lot throughout the season.......

It typically takes me 15 min. to erect the stand..... I did get busted though once.... two years ago in SE Iowa I was just starting up the climbing sticks when a massive eight point came walking out of the brush..... he had me helplessly pinned to the side of the tree.... I didn't sleep well that night.............

My bowhunting partners and I all use the same setup, 4 LW climbing sticks and Chippewa hang on stands. I cut all of my shooting lanes in late-winter/early-spring, so the majority of the time we all hunt on the move. Last winter I prepared 21 trees that are ready to go.

We tried the LW hang on, but all like the Chippewa's better. Though most have not heard of or seen them, they are top of the line. A little pricey, but worth it.

http://www.chippewawedgeloc.com/

TB

I actually have both the Lone Wolf and the Chippewa Wedge Loc stand....... the wedge loc is a good stand but too heavy for my liking for longer hikes...... it is hard to beat the compact way that the LW climbing sticks are designed to stack on the stand..... if I don't use the Chippewa more this year than last year I will probably try to sell it....... Are you putting your stand up each time you hunt a particular spot?

I'll hang a few API's to leave up, but 90% of the time I'm packing in and hanging one of my two Chippewa's to hunt. I use the Chief model which only weighs 9 1/2 lbs...
I've got the shoulder straps attached to the bottom of the platform. I attach my backpack to my stand and carry my 4 LW sticks (with the shoulder strap and a small bungee) on one shoulder and carry my bow in the other hand. This combination works great for me...considering some of my best stand sights are 1/2 mile from where I park, weight and ease of use are very important.

Which model of Chippewa do you own? I'm guessing the Wedge-Loc model at 15 lbs.

Good Hunting!
TB

Two Beards,

I do have the Wedge Loc model..... I have had mine for 4-5 years...... they did not make the smaller models when I purchased mine....... it is a great stand..... no complaints, just my model is a little heavy....... Good luck this season......

Top Bottom