Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Making Lemonade 2008

Central Iowa

Life Member
I'm sure there isn't one of us that hasn't been affected by this years rains and storms in one way or another. With that being said we couldn't get our corn in until the last week of June because of saturated ground and hoped for the best. As we enter mid August reality shows that some of it just won't mature. It looks as if Mother Nature is making lemons out of part of it though in the last week it has taken off in leaps and bounds in places. Earlier this week we decided to take out some of the immature corn and put it to a brassica mix in parts and later this month the rest of it will go into a cereal grain mix. Early this morning junior and I loaded up and headed out to disk the corn, spread, and pack the brassicas in an attempt to make lemonade out of what Mother Nature had dealt us. I finished up the regular brassica plots earlier in the week and hopefully with the added tonnage we will have enough forage to make it through the winter with plenty of good action as well! With a couple breaks at the ponds with fishing poles in hand it couldn't have been a better day.
Lemonaid1.JPG

Lemonaid2.JPG

Lemonaid3.JPG

Lemonaid4.JPG

Lemonaid7.JPG

Lemonaid5.JPG

On a side note when you send a 4 year old to the corner to drop off a bag of brassicas make sure you tell them to keep them in the bag /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif! I guess that's why I always order a little extra just in case.
Lemonaid6.JPG

Looks like a great day spent with your son Tavis! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I have a feeling your going to have a thick strip of brassicas /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Dean

Ha,ha, that's great! I have a couple little "helpers" like that myself. Good luck on the plots /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With a couple breaks at the ponds with fishing poles in hand it couldn't have been a better day.
</div></div>

Nice work Dad! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Excellent Travis. That's what it's all about. I can't help but be a little jealous about your equipment though. You outa see mine! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Top Bottom