Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Making Paper Shot Holders

Shovelbuck

Here's one way of having sort of a "quick load" for your muzzleloading shotgun. Easy and cheap to make, just how I like it.:way:
You will need some post it notes, a hot glue gun, a way of measuring your shot, and a wood dowel a little smaller than bore size of your barrel.
DSCN1497.jpg

Wrap your post it note around the dowel and fold over enough on the end to close it up, then hot glue it in place.
DSCN1498.jpg

Slide it off the dowel and make up how ever many you want. Measure out the amount of shot you use and pour into the paper tubes.
DSCN1499.jpg

To close them up, you can glue or tie shut with heavy duty string. Either way works.
DSCN1500.jpg

To load, simply ram the paper shot cup down the bore and then your over shot card.
I've been using this setup for quite some time in both traditional and modern inline muzzleloading shotguns. It just makes the loading process a bit simpler.:way:

I knew you'd finally cave and step into the 21st century. Jeeze..........post it notes. How much easier can it get.........

I knew you'd finally cave and step into the 21st century. Jeeze..........post it notes. How much easier can it get.........

Let's just keep that between you and me Perry.;):eek:
I should also say that when I first started trying this, I had heard that it would tighten my patterns. To be honest, I didn't really see any difference. For turkey hunting, it's probably not that big a deal to be able to load a bit quicker, although I'm glad I had them for one of my birds last year. But I really like them for dove hunting when the shooting can be fast and furious.

Top Bottom