Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Man Caves

I've been slowly working on my basement since I bought my place a few years back. When I got it, it was carpeted and had old paneling and a ratty old drop ceiling. It also had a giant brick fireplace that wasn't usable do to its age and would have to be torn out and rebuilt to be usable...so I just added a stove. My next project is to put up stacked stone behind the woodstove. I still have a ways to go with some finishing and trim. Here's where I'm at so far. The other half isn't started yet but is going to be my hunting gear/woodworking tool room.
DSC00042.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

Muddy....luckily I took them down before doing the work. I did notice that they do need a cleaning and got started on a couple of them. They'll have to come down again shortly for finishing the drywall and painting. I just like to see them up!

Just finished up on Sunday, the trophies are not as big as some but I’m proud of them.
3-22-2010022.jpg

3-22-2010023.jpg

this is my first year bow buck shot in 2008
3-22-2010025.jpg

this is Mr. Biggs view
3-22-2010026.jpg

It isn't the size of the mounts that count, it's the quality of the hunt and spending time with friends who share the same love of the outdoors as we do.

Well I finished my living room half of my basement last night....just in time to put the house on the market today:thrwrck:
Hopefully I won't be able to spend much time down there, but I'll have a beer or two down there before I'm gone!
I left the bear rug off the empty wall cuz it puts a lot of holes in the fresh paint.

Here's the finished product.
Basement4.jpg

Basement1.jpg

Basement2.jpg

Basement3.jpg

Very nice color combination. I did two color half walls in my cave also (tan top, forest green bottom). Good luck with the sale in the present market.

Top Bottom