Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Massive Eight

Scott

My season came to a end on Saturday morning at 7:15. Finally got a east wind to hunt this stand. Never hunted here before so I put a stand up in the dark. My friend and I found a couple 75 inch sheds from different bucks in this area. I didnt get into the tree until 6:25, but I knew it was going to hot. About 20 minutes later a 125 inch eight point comes by. I let him walk. Ten minutes later I heard a grunt and seen another buck coming. I thought it was another young buck until I grabbed my binoculars. I could see his massive frame and knew he was a old deer. He come down a trail at 40 yards and I came to full draw. I stopped him in a small opening and let it fly. Hit him right behind the shoulder. He just walked forty yards and tipped over. Hes not the best scoring deer, but I couldnt let him go. His first two circumfrences on both sides are 6 5/8 inches. He grosses 144 inches. Basically a eight point, but has a short G4 and a kicker point.
786fred_1.jpg

NICE BUCK! Did you check his mollars to see how old he was? Sometimes those bucks that have such heavy racks are 7-9 yrs old. I aged a buck last year at the taxidermists where I work part-time. It was aged at 8 1/2 yrs. Its rack was alot like your deer.
PRK
brick[1].gif

I havent check his teeth yet. I was going to have the taxidermist check them. I believe he defintely is a old buck.

Top Bottom