Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews Bows?

Coach

I'm in the difficult process of picking out a new bow. I have been looking at Mathews and was wondering if anyone had any insight. I have shot the LX and the Icon. I loved them both, but cannot decide between them. I have also looked at the Legacy, but have not had a chance to shoot one yet. Any suggestions would be great.
waytogo.gif

Coach,
Pretty tough choice there. The good thing about it though, is that you can't go wrong with whatever you choose. You're probably not going to be able to tell much of a difference in the way they shoot though. I myself shoot an SQ2, and think it shoots just as smooth and quiet as the new bows such as the Legacy and LX. Once again, I don't think you could make a bad choice even if you tried to. Good luck with it.
CRITRGITR

Critrgitr, Thanks for the advice. I know any bow from Mathews is going to be high quality. Thanks

The real difference between the two bows is performance. The Icon is a much easier bow to pull because of the circular nature of it's cam. That cam also limits the performance of the bow as well. Alot of target shooters that shoot mathews shoot the Icon. One of the staff shooters at the shop stated "if I don't hit the bull, it wasn't the bows fault." The LX on the other hand is a much speedier package with a VERY solid wall you can pull against. The LX was performing 300 fps with some pretty heavy arrows at 62-64lbs...pretty cool. The HP cam is a nice blend of power and ease of pull. For hunting applications and 3-D style target shooting, it's hard to beat the LX. Pop into your local pro shop and have them set them up to shoot. You will see what I'm talking about. Enjoy either you get.
beerchug.gif

Just to let you know, I've had the Legacy and now have an LX. The Legacy is probably a little bit smoother but you only have 65%Letoff, the LX is smooth and has up to 80%letoff or 65% and is about 10fps faster than the Legacy. To me I would have to consider my draw length, shorter than 29 inches, go with a Black Max 2, this bow is a little more radical but is very fast, if you are 29inches or more, I think the LX or Legacy would be a great choice. My personal preference for hunting is to shoot 80% which lets you hold longer but legally you are not P&Y legal. Stick with a Mathews and you can't go wrong!!!
26404-archer[1].gif

Top Bottom