Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

MATHEWS LEGACY & DROP AWAYS

B

BLUE BUCK

I currently have a Q2, and am thinking about getting a Legacy. I was also thinking about getting a NAP drop away rest. If I remember correctly, the NAP rests use the cable slide in conjunction with the rest, and the Legacy has a roller cable guide, so i'm thinking this won't work. Maybe i'm wrong?
My question is, have any of you encountered a Legacy/drop away combo that works well, or can anyone suggest a different dropaway that they have found to work well. I'm looking for some honest feedback on the pros and cons about the experiences you have had with them.
Any info would be great.

JTB869

The NAP drop-away won't work on the Legacy, because of the rollers. I've got a Legacy, but don't use a drop-away. Of the rests that I have shot while I was trying to decide, the Trophy Taker would be my recommendation. Pretty simple, easy to adjust and a nice big cradle. With some well placed moleskin, it stays quiet during the shot.

Go to a pro-shop, they should have some setup on bows that you can shot.

Blue Buck-

My wife bought me a legacy for fathers day. I upgraded from a Z-light. It is the most incredibly forgiving bow I have ever shot. You will buy one after one shot so take your check book. I have the shoot through mathews TM hunter type rest and my 100 grain muzzy three bladed carbon express arrows fly like darts out of it. I too was looking to buy a drop away rest and the owner of the pro shop said I would be unhappy with a drop away and to give this setup a try. Boy was I glad I did. I have owned 10 bows since 96' and they were all the latest and greatest but I can honestly say I have never had a bow that holds a broadhead group at 50yds as good as it does at 20yds. This is no lie, I don't work for matthews!!! Take the next leap and buy a new freezer, you'll need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WI Shedhead

Bluebuck, A couple of my hunting buddies are using the Trap Door rest and it is awesome. No tubes or strings and it works great. I understand that it is better to use a loop of some type so you don't have any down preasure on your rest when you use a fall away type rest. Trap Door Rest

new archery product is coming out with a fall away for the mathews roller type cable guards. they said they should be avail sometime in march or april. if the trap door is of interest i have them 50% off. let me know i could ship you one in a day or two. we normally sell them for $89.99. i have mostly right handed.

I shoot a Q2XL with a Trap Door rest and it works well. Only problem Ive had is keeping the arrow on its narrow platform in a hunting situation.

I believe Muzzy has developed a Legacy version of the Zero Effect. This one may be worth looking into

i shoot with a muzzy zero effect rest and i love it . well worth the money and you dont have to worry about your arrow falling off the arrow rest. I was sold after 5 shots.
shocked.gif

MAXRACX, I too am interested in the trap door rest. Do you have the model with the micro adjustment? I don't know how many are available but you can e-mail me also ([email protected]), thanks!

Another Vote for the trap door. I believe its second best to the QuikTune 4000.

I have a Trap Door on my Legacy and it works great! Never had any problems with it.

Top Bottom