Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews problem need help

mole

I need help. I have a Mathews Feather Max, and absolutely love it. The problem is that when I was putting on my new Top Pin sight the bolt hole stripped out. Should I just tap it out and put in a larger bolt? Any suggestions?

mole

mole,
I would either take it back to where you bought it assuming it wasn't from the tree stick guy or call mathews and see what they recommend. I have had no problems with their customer service and I know what you mean about the feather max. That was the first mathews that I owned and I wish I would have never got rid of it...

Mathews,problems... Go figure.
shrug[1].gif

The first line says it all... "I have a Mathews. I need help..."
I do have one suggestion - Buy a Hoyt.

Thanks Limb. I just got an e-mail response back from Mathews. They said as long as I'm the original owner then I can take it to any authorized dealer and they will take care of it for me.

The Feather Max is a great bow. Every year I think about buying a new one, but it shoots great and puts the meat on the table.
grin.gif

mole

I had a Hoyt before the Mathews. It was a good bow. My feather max was bought in 97 and this is the first problem I have ever had with it. On the other hand I had to send my Hoyt back right out of the box. After 3 or 4 shots the stabilizer, insert and all, would fall off the bow. They fixed it no questions asked and I never had another problem. Both are good bows, but I prefer the Mathews.

mole

Its been many years ago, but I believe it was a Hoyt Rebel XT. It was my "real" first bow. Shot my first buck 125" with it and several does. I finally got smart and bought a Mathews
grin.gif
. And haven't looked back since
yay.gif

mole

Top Bottom