Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Meat lockers...processing deer?

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Does anyone know of any good meat lockers that are planning on processing deer meat this fall? I have been told that a number of the usuals are not participating this year due to all the regulations of the CWD issue..... I have not had a chance to make any local call as of yet...... need something near Cedar Rapids or NE Iowa........ if I process the meat on my own, is there regulations regarding the disposal of the bones and carcass?

I'm from WI and just got off the phone with the venison butcher at Karls meat market.He processes most of the venison around the Milwaukee area.This year he is raising the price of butchering a deer from $55 to $75.The deer must be whole and not skinned.He said they are making venison sausage in 100# vats with no guaranty of getting your own meat back.They will debone all the meat.He also said this CWD is alot of Hype.He told me i got a better chance of dying from cancer than CWD.He also said there is a disease in sheep and you don't see anyone getting sick or people stop eating it.I'm not going to panic from this CWD.I live to hunt and love to eat venison.Hopefully WI can get this CWD under control.Sept-14 is WI Bow opener for Whitetail and i will be up a tree,I can't wait!

Ruzicka's Meat Processing, in Solon is pretty solid. That is where I take mine. Salami w/jap. peppers and pepper cheese....
flaming.gif

Not that I am biased being from Malcom but....Dayton Meat Locker in Malcom has always been top notch. They won 3 awards at the Iowa State fair this year so they must be oing something right. This cool spell that is starting has got me hancker'n for a treestand check in.

Top Bottom