Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Memorial Day Crappie

sofakingfast_1

Sunday night we went out on the river to party cove and did a little drinking. After a few hours we came back to land. I jumped from the boat to the parking lot. Well i landed wrong and fractured my ankle. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif Yesterday, Memorial day, was my Birthday. I had big plans to go fishing but first i had to go to the Emergency room and get my foot checked out. They did x-rays gave me some Vicodin and off i went to the Lake. The first 2 times we went up there we caught over 200 crappie combined but the big mammas werent on the beds yet. Yesterday they were. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I worked my 12' crappie stick into the thickest part of a brush pile and pulled out some PIGS. 7 hours of fishing tied up to one tree. Doesnt sound fun it was a BLAST! Didnt feel a bit of pain with the assist from the Vicodin. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
big_crappie.jpg
crappie3.jpg

Thanks THA4 for Mailing me 6 months worth of the Iowa Sportsman Magazine. Very cool magazine and has lots of information that will help me when im on the water. A year subscription for 10 bucks. Definitly worth it.

There isnt much photo trickery on that picture either. I was holding the crappie a couple inches in front of the magazine because i didnt want to get slime all over it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Im guessing the River crappie will be moving into shallow water by the weekend. I can't wait!!! River crappie are alot different than lake crappie but pulling out a 2 pounder is possible. If i ever land one over 18 inches its going on the wall.

nice work......
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

fractured ankle????
seriously, that has to hurt..

Doesnt feel good. I woke up Monday morning and went to walk to the kitchen. Didnt get far. Had to crawl. As you can kinda see in the picture, im standing on one foot. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Ill probably be missing a week or two of work. Sucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowa1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful white crappie. Some fine eatin' there! </div></div>

Agreed! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Very nice slabs. Makes a guy hungry.

You had better get to healing that ankle, October is just around the corner...you need to be able to climb a tree!!!

Top Bottom