Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Misses anyone??

Gladiator

PMA Member
My 2nd year turkey hunting with a bow...and let's just say no one wants to hear about misses, but can you miss 3 times in one morning??!!
confused.gif

Well, let's just say it's possible. I missed a jake at 30 yards and shot a little low...little did I know it was due to my limbs hitting my camera man's leg! So when the big Tom came in at 20 yds, I had my 30 yd pin on thinking I was shooting low...took some feathers off the back. But did that stop him from spitting and drumming??? Heavens no! So I slapped my final arrow on and shot in the exact same spot...took more feathers off and the Tom spat and drummed to the tune of his heart's content as I sat there with no arrows!!

I only had one day to set up my bow due to new "stuff" on it...no excuses, should always trust your pins!!

I'll get him tomorrow!!

I missed twice with my longbow in the same morning at different toms, and a week later at one with the shotgun.
frown.gif

But I'm glad I haven't had your luck.
grin.gif

Your luck will change, mine did.

I missed one with a recruve 2 days ago. I went on the stalk and we met at 20 yards. He saw me as something out of place and started to move away. I shot high and hit a branch right above him. Branch or not, he was safe
grin.gif

Believe it or not... way back in 1993 when I shot my first tom with a bow it was after I had already missed 5 shots that morning! Soon after sunrise one morning, I had 7 toms within 20 yards and a bearded hen and other jakes and hens there too. I missed high, I missed low, I even missed a couple I don't know how I missed!
grin.gif
I could have kept shooting only the last arrow in my quiver was bent, so I stopped at 5 shots! I let them walk off and gathered up all my arrows, changed the good broadhead off of the bent arrow onto one of my other arrows and moved about 100 yards away and subsequently called in another tom and cracked him at about 5 yards. He walked off putting and I let him go and slowly trailed him. I came over a ridge and spotted him hunkering down next to a log and went for the finishing shot only to MISS AGAIN!
grin.gif
He flew down the valley and crashed about 100 yards away. So I got him, but I was officially 1 out of 7 that day!!
grin.gif

i missed three in a row, one with a muzzleloading shotgun, then two more with a shotgun.......dont ask....ugly day

well, at least you are seeing birds. that should make you feel a little better. i havent even gotten the chance to miss this year yet. saw 3 gobblers yesterday in a group but they were all hened up and had 2 jakes come in to 5 feet but decided to pass. ive always wanted to try and kill one with a bow. i might try it next spring. good luck the rest of the year!!!
grin.gif

Top Bottom