Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missouri/Pike County Illinois bowhunter hoping to bowhunt in Iowa

C

chrisj

I am hoping to make some friends with other hunters who love hunting and may be able to give me info on possible hunting areas in Iowa that a person such as me might be able to gain access to. I really am not liking all the commercial hunting going on but it seems a way of life anymore. I am hoping to possibly do some hunt swaps or possibly lease areas if need be but it would be nice if it was affordable to a common working man. I would even condider going in with a small group of people. I am going to the deer classic Saturday and if anyone is interested we could meet up.

Thanks and good hunting.

I have hunted Missouri for about 30 years and have been very sussesful taking one to two deer every year three P&Yers and a turkey now and then mostly in Putam County. I will be out at the Clasics maybe a little Fri. and Sat. night. We have a booth there and I have got to work the store. Stop in and see me at Archery Field & Sports and I will be glade to talk bowhunting with you

A Pike county hunter wants to head west? Imagine such a thing! While the Triangle gets a lot of attention and many great bucks are harvested each year, the over exposure is definately taking its toll, I agree. Luckily Iowa for the most part is quiet giant when it comes to whitetail hunting. There are many great public hunting areas in the state, and for the most part, obtaining access to key private areas is not impossible or expensive for that matter. If you have interest in SW or SC Iowa, let me know. You may e mail me at [email protected].

I have been hunting Pike County for six years now. I can not believe the number of hunters. My friends and I have managed our ground only taking good bucks, only to have some outfitter next to us ruin the hunting. I am all for outfitters, but this outfitter is terrible. This group has cut trees down on our property, hung stands right on the fence, facing our property. I will be looking for a new place to hunt this year.

hey core driller, just thought i would say hello. i'm from just down the road, massena, well talk to you later.

Top Bottom