Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Monona County

O

okhunter

I want to hunt the Loess Hills area east of Onanwa this year during the first shotgun season. I planned on hunting the public land but would like to find something less crowded. Does anyone know how I might find somewhere to hunt?

okhunter- how you doing? I live in the area.
What are you looking for? I know some possible sites depends on what you have in mind.
One thing about it your sure hunting where the big boys live. Hope your in good shape
Plenty of hills,that's why they get big,not everyone wants to walk to the top just to see if one is lying up there watching you!
I don't hunt near Onawa, i go 30 miles north,hills aint so steep.

[email protected]

Flatlander - I tried to e-mail you but wasn't sure if it went thru ok. I hunted on the public land north of Turin last year and had planned to do so again this year but would like to find some private land close to that area that I could hunt on or public land that few people hunted.

Hey, that looks like a long G2 poking up out of the grass!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by scout (edited 08-16-2001).]

Can you recommend any areas to hunt in the area north of Turin that may have less hunting pressure?

Excuse my interupting...but there is 17,000 acres of public hunting in just two counties, I ve been hunting in the hills for over 15 years and I have yet to cover it all.

Just me

uploadedPublicHunting.jpg

okhunter, if you haven't already made arrangements for lodging I know of some cabins with shower and heat and laundry in the area. e-mail me at [email protected] and I will give you the info....if your interested.

Top Bottom