Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Monster rubs..... and BUCK!!

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
I have resisted the urge to go out during the warmer weather..... yesterday was my second day out. I always wait until the weather turns colder and frosts....... well after slipping around my area to fine tune this springs scouting, I have managed to fine some awesome spots. I found two rubs yesterday as big around as my thigh..... and several others 5" in diameter.

Here is the part that makes me a little nervous..... I found a great spot with big rubs along a rub line. Found a tree to take advantage of the prevailing wind and sunlight. Was feeling real good about setting up in this place in 2-3 weeks....... as I began to slip up the hill from this bench a accidently snapped a twig and to my surprise a giant of a whitetail jumps up in the briar patch above me (40 yards away) and ran off. He was the largest whitetail buck I have ever seen in the woods. Typical 10 pt with G-2s pushing 12 inches..... wide and tall rack! I honestly think he was pushing 180 or better..... I just hope that I did not totally screw up the area. The wind was blowing in my face and he ran directly away from me. I am positive that he did not smell me..... not convinced that he saw me either........ I would love to see him again along that rub line.........

i think you'll be okay hunting him, get in and hang your stand quietly. wear some good cover scent and take your time hanging your stand so you don't get all sweaty and stinky. this technique worked for me on friday night, the buck i arrowed isn't 180 but he's a dandy to me!! good luck.

Top Bottom