Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Montec broadheads

muddy

gotta chance to look some of these bad looking broadheads over tonite at work. i love the solid 1 piece of metal from tip to tip design on them. the sharpness out of the box leaves something to be desired though. they remind me of a snuffer, only smaller. you have to sharpen them with a stone after you shoot them, or in my case, right out of the box. anybody else heard good or bad about these broadheasds?? in my opinion they're a great broadhead but they're not gunna replace my Muzzy's!!!!!

Those are the broadheads I was talking about when you were selling Ghost his new bow. I have nothing against Muzzy broadheads, heck, I shot with them the last 12 years, but after shooting about a dozen arrows with one of these, it made even expandables seem hard to tune. They fly just like a field point. I made the switch last season and doubt if I will ever switch back. The only downfall is they are a bit pricey, what Muddy, $30.00 for three?

Shredder220

yup, $29.99. i remember talking to you about them shredder. same price as the steelforces but MUCH better construction if you asked me. i wish you could send them to the company to get them resharpened like the steelforces though. without shooting them i still think they're one of the best broadheads i've ever seen. they have a very good cutting diameter for a 3 bladed head also.

You resharpen them with a plain old wetstone. I have a tri hone with three degrees of roughness and can get mine near surgical sharpness in less than 5 minutes each.

yeah, i read the directions and the big flyer that we have on them. just a pain in the butt sorta...of course i touch up my muzzy's out of the package too much the same way. havn't seen a broadhead yet that was sharp enough for me right out of the package!!

Muddy,
I'm glad you got a chance to check these blades out. I've been on their website looking at them, but hadn't talked to anyone who checked them out first hand. They've got a Q&A section on their website, with an answer regarding their sharpness out of the package. They claim that they're sharp as hell, but basically the cutting blades are three times as thick as most others so they don't seem as sharp. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, I think I'm going to spend the money and pick up a pack of 100's and try them out. I like simple things, and broadheads don't get much simpler than this in my opinion.
CRITRGITR

I looked at a set of them at the bow shop the other day and they look great. I read that they have there own sharpening stone but haven't seen it. I would like to shoot some but I won't drop $30.00 bucks to try them. The guys at the shop love them and say they fly great. I shoot Muzzy's now and hate it when I lose one of them so I know I'd freak if I lost a $10.00 broadhead. Heck with the price of carbon arrows and a high dollar broadhead you can't afford to shoot at tree rats anymore. I figured it up last year and my ACC arrows tipped with a Muzzy broadhead it cost around $17.00 an arrow. I may be a tight wad but that's high enough for me.

26404-archer[1].gif

according to their packaging they say to use a normal ol arkansas sharpening stone. of course i may be somewhat off since i had no sleep last night while babysitting my wife who just had all her wisdom teeth cut out.
smirk.gif
snoring[1].gif

i'm going into the store again tonite and will re-read the brouchure we keep in the back room and get some better specifics. from what i've heard Montec broadheads fly better than expandables but i just can't see how. i guess i'll have to have the company send me some for "product testing" and see how they go.
wtf.gif

I finally found the article that had the Montec Broadhead and the diamond sharpener in the Dec. 2002 issue of Bowhunting. It gave the web site address and it has the Montec Sharpener. G5

Top Bottom