Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

morning hunts

J

j.z.

i been hunting in the mornings and haven't seen any deer is this the same with anybody else i see plenty of deer during afternoon hunts so i know the deer are there hate to not hunt mornings but no deer movement in the daylight any sugestions : :
confused_em8.gif

I have ran into the same thing. I have more "afternoon stands" than "morning stands" I still think it is early and the amount of crops still in is not helping. Plus the fact I have to work 8 hours a day doesn't help either.

Dont know if its true or not but ive been told the full moon we had affects the deers morning movements.Apparently they been moving late in the morning during it so if your like me and can only hunt for a couple hours before work chances are they are coming through after your gone.After having several guys tell me this I still didnt believe it but then the other night I shot a doe,and came back the next morning to get her.I hunted the same stand that morning till about 8:30, then came back to town for help dragging her out.When i pulled back in about 10:30 there were deer under my stand, go figure!!!!
confused.gif

Horst, those friends of yours weren't lying. Full moon phase the deer do seem to move more frequently during late morning and mid afternoon. A week or 2 and your morning stands should really begin to pick up!
Pupster

Top Bottom