Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mountain Buck

Vast areas- some bucks there die of old age u think? That’s incredible!!! I’d be hiking those mountains every day for that dude!!!

Vast areas- some bucks there die of old age u think? That’s incredible!!! I’d be hiking those mountains every day for that dude!!!
For sure. I used to hunt the mountains when I was much younger and could climb without getting leg cramps! :D The area between two of the bigger mountains is called Saint Anthony's Wilderness. Lots of deer and bear as well as great native trout fishing. I used to hook school and ride a dirt bike through the Indiantown Gap Military Reservation for a short cut to the top of the 1st mountain. Been chased a few times by MP's, only caught once and spent the night in one of their cells! That's a whole other story...:rolleyes:

For sure. I used to hunt the mountains when I was much younger and could climb without getting leg cramps! :D The area between two of the bigger mountains is called Saint Anthony's Wilderness. Lots of deer and bear as well as great native trout fishing. I used to hook school and ride a dirt bike through the Indiantown Gap Military Reservation for a short cut to the top of the 1st mountain. Been chased a few times by MP's, only caught once and spent the night in one of their cells! That's a whole other story...:rolleyes:
let it out...now i have to hear it

Been chased a few times by MP's, only caught once and spent the night in one of their cells! That's a whole other story...:rolleyes:
let it out...now i have to hear it
2 Bucks, one of my encounters with the MP's....

I was 19years old in1974. My wife was about 8 months pregnant with our first child at the time. Yes, I started young and excepted my responsibilities. Being a young lad, I still liked hanging out with my buddies when there was keg party going on occasionally. For some reason they wanted to have the beer fest in the impact area of the military reservation! I have no clue why, but I tagged along. I told her I would be home before dark but that didn't happen.

At that time the military had an access road that wasn't gated off. I rode in with a couple other friends in the back of a Ford ranger. After about 2 hours at the gathering and it was close to sunset my friend who drove a few of us in left the party. On the way out on the gravel road I was sitting in the bed of the truck with 2 others. Suddenly the driver slammed the brakes, when I turned around there were 6 MP"s lined up across the rod with their AK's pointed at us and the sergeant yelled halt. The were on us like a swarm of bees and made us lie face down on the gravel road while handcuffing us together in pairs. The were on their radios asking for assistance and the State police.

I happened to be handcuffed to a 15-year-old red haired kid. You could hear the party going on with loud music and it was getting dark fast. All of the sudden the music stopped and all you heard was the hot rods starting up followed by gunshot! On MP stood over us as it was about dark. I asked him if we could move off the road and he said "if they're your friends they'll stop" and walked away. The young lad I was handcuffed to said, "let's make a run for it". I looked at him and said I'm not running up the mountain handcuffed to you in the dark, you watch too much TV :rolleyes:

It's dark and here comes a parade of hot rods flying towards us, thankfully they stopped. We were locked up and got to make 1 phone call. Of course, I let my wife know what happened. They wouldn't release most of us until the minors were picked up by their parents. Got home at 7am the next morning. The gunshot was after one of my buddies smashed a state cops' windshield. Of course, he and a few others got away. Later that night they drove by the barracks cell block and laughed at us. All access has changed due to the terror crap going on for years.

I have more memories from there also but those are other stories.

Top Bottom