Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Must Have" Bowhunting Gear?

My brother and I have gotten really good at packing light on our hunts together. The main thing we always bring is a rangefinder... #1 thing I think about (other than the obvious like bow, release, arrows)

We have a mental checklists in our heads we run through each time we hunt...
rangefinder
binos (if necessary)
grunt
rattle antlers
bow rope
wind checker
flashlight/head lamp
1 extra screw in step

anything beyond that list we either already try to have in the tree or don't often bring.

Last edited:
I've actually gone to the stand many times this year without many "must-have's", I've forgotten my backpack several times this year, my coat at least 2 times, my bow once, etc. Obviously I turned back around but dang, I gotta slower down and take my ADD medication!
The regular stuff that's a priority, that if I forget, I ain't too happy.... Primos Roar call, Swaro binocs, rattling horns, SAFETY STRAP!!! (usually have some sort of back-up in the pack), flashlight, etc. It's insane the core items you gotta have and how easy it is to forget em.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Besides the ACTUAL must haves (bow etc..)-

Bino's for hunting

Polaroids for fishing

Only piece of equipment you need is a Wicked Tough saw. It can be used for pretty much anything, inluding toilet paper! he he he...

Top Bottom