Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Muzzleloader Accuracy

S

Shoe

need to know what muzzleloader is the most accurate. anyone have the new Savage that will shoot smokeless powder and how does it shoot, pellets vs 777.

Hello,

The new Savage is, reportedly not in the same league as other front-stuffers. Though I have not shot it, the reports I've read are saying routine 1 inch and under 5 shot groupaccuracy at 100 yards and only 3.5 inches of bullet drop at 250 yards with some loads (all of this with smokeless powder). Foot pounds of energy that this gun develops with smokeless powder are at least twice that of a "normal" muzzleloader. The gun has out-of-the-box accuracy ABOVE that of the typical centerfire rifle, say the reports. Quite the muzzleloader, huh?

I don't know what the various states will do about the legality of this gun. It will shoot 777, Pyrodex or black powder as well but why bother if you're going to have this gun? Might as well just get a regular muzzleloader for those powders.

Regarding the 777 powder. I find that it is significantly more accurate out of my Knight muzzleloader than is Pyrodex. It is much less fouling in the barrel and is much easier to clean as well. I love the 777 and it is all I will shoot from now on!

Hey, just a few observations for you. Interesting to hear other folks' take on this.

Good Hunting....Raven

My cousin bought one of the Savages this summer. It is very comparable with the Thompson Center "Enquore" and MTI model 97(White Muzzleloader/ Splitfire Arms) muzzleloader rifle accuracy's. I know with regular gun powder it is a real beast! Unbelievable velocities with regular gun powder and about the same as a top-end muzzleloader with regular black powder or pellets.

Muzzleloading has came a long way over the years!

I HAVE A T/C/ ENCORE 50. CAL S.S. . WE WERE AT THE RANGE THIS WEEKEND FOR A FINAL TIME BEFORE HEADING OUT TO IOWA FOR THE LATE M/L SEASON. I HAVE GOTTEN CONSISTENT 1 1/2" OR BETTER GROUPS AT 100 YARDS AND 3 - 4 " GROUPS AT 200 YARDS. I FEEL VERY CONFIDENT THAT I CAN HIT WHAT COMES DOWN THE PIKE OUT TO 200 YARDS WITH AN APPROPRIATE REST. THIS GUN CAN PUT BULEETS THROUGH ITS OWN HOLES AT 50 YARDS AND IS VERY CONFORTABLE TO HOLD OFF HAND AT THAT RANGE.

Top Bottom