Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

muzzleloader shotgun question

J

jdavis

I know I've ask this before but I bought a knight tk2000 shotgun and am going to pattern it this weekend. I have 4,5, and 6 shot to experiment with. I thought I would try a combo of 4s and 6s or 4s and 5s. Any suggestion or info would be great. I am thinking about 110 grains of powder too.
smirk.gif

I to shoot a TK2000, 209 primer, with the new compensated choke. This choke really reduces the felt recoil of the 2000. I tryed 7 1/2 shot mixed with 5 shot several times a couple of years ago. I was not real happy with the way it patterned. I have since gone back to #5 shot with 120 grains of Triple 7. I shot it a dozen times this past weekend, very tight patterns from 20-35 yards. Starts spreading out some at 40 yards, but I did have a number of the shot in the brain and neck bones on a turkey head and neck target at 40 yards. I would really like to try some Hevi-Shot in my TK2000, I have read several really good reports on it as far as tight patterns go out past the 35-45 yard mark. Good luck with your experiment, and please let me know how it turns out.

Copper plated #5s over 120 grains of pyrodex works well for me. 3 birds in 2 years and hardly a flop from any of them. I haven't tried mixing shot sizes but with over 2 oz of shot I don't really see any need for duplex loads.

I tried several different shot sizes and powder combinations through mine. And yes, I mixed 4's and 6's as well. When it was all said and done the #5 Red Hot shot pushed by 120 grains of loose pyrodex is by far the best through mine. Here's a tip: get it figured out quickly or your shoulder will not soon forgive you
crazy.gif

NWBuck

Top Bottom